Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Brief hiatus

I made... 1 swedish recipe last week? I made the smorgastorta, but I was too hurried and lazy to make it pretty like in pictures you see online so I basically just made a triple-decker double-wide sandwich with 1 layer of salmon and mayo, 1 layer of kippered herring and mayo, and 1 layer of egg and mayo on plain white bread. But I'm kind of ashamed to post a pic of such a plain drab half-assed effort so I'll relegate that to another day when I've actually taken the time to do some research beforehand and do it properly. I'm gonna skip this week and next week I'll see if I can get around to making some kropkakor and a more detailed post about my next longanisa attempt. And as for a Quebecois recipe, I'll stop at my favourite place for poutine and post about that.

This past weekend has been running-around-like-a-chicken-with-my-head-cut-off punctuated by oversleeping and naps. But fun. On Friday night me, my sister and a friend went to watch the grand finale of the Lotto Quebec fireworks competition from the top of the huge Jacques Cartier bridge beside it (which they close off completely to traffic to let everyone walk on it) and brought a picnic and some drinks to enjoy at the same time. I went to visit my sister an hour and a half away (by public transit, by car it's half an hour) in St-Anne-De-Bellevue on Saturday and did some grocery and other shopping with her, but I didn't get around to going to the wharf  to watch the sunset like I wanted to cause I was too busy cooking dinner at sunset. Oh well, another time. Sunday I only got half of what I wanted to do done, and the rest will be done this weekend hopefully. Off I run to go put away laundry and make dinner and hopefully get to bed EARLY (~9:30pm) tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment