Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cabane a Sucre/Sugar Shack!

I was originally planning on my first posts being about the foods in the title of my blog, but seeing as we're planning to make a big sugar shack breakfast at my friends place this weekend I decided to post about that instead. Unless I spontaneously decide to make poutine between now and Sunday night, which I don't know if that will happen with all the stuff I've been meaning to use up in my cupboards before buying more food (think 2-year-old shake & bake, pakora mix and butter chicken mix). Yes I dislike throwing away food, if at all possible :P

The menu for this weekend's sugar shack meal will be:

- Pea soup
- Baked beans
- Pancakes
- French toast
- Cocktail sausages in maple syrup
- Bacon & cheese omelette
- Breakfast sausages
- Ham
- Double-smoked bacon
- Oreilles de Criss

And of course maple syrup on everything. I know a lady who sells the maple syrup that her brother-in-law makes at his sugar shack, I'm gonna go pick up a few cans tonight or tomorrow, as well as the breakfast sausages and the double-smoked bacon. I can't wait! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment